суббота, 19 октября 2019 г.

The Problem of Homelessness Research Paper Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 500 words

The Problem of Homelessness - Research Paper Example In the first article above, The National Healthcare for Homeless Clinician’s Network reckons that substance abuse is a major contributor to homelessness among individuals, with over half of the homeless individuals and 70% of the homeless veterans estimated to be drug addicts. The article asserts that combating drug addictions is an effective way of ending chronic homelessness. In the second article listed above, the Portland Rescue Mission notes addiction as the number one cause of homelessness globally (with 68% of cities in the United States alone reporting addiction as the cause of homelessness). The other nine causes included are domestic violence, mental illness, job loss and underemployment, foreclosure, post-traumatic stress, throw away teens, relational brokenness, and grief and finally despair. In the last article, Eugene Didenko and Nicole Pankratz observe that a plethora of researches and surveys indicate that homeless people have much higher rates of substance use than the general population. In my attempts to put in place a presentation on the benefits of sports for my PSY180 class, I saw it wise to additionally argue against some of the major oppositions to my point of view. The internet provided a suitable source of such information on opposing views. In my attempts to put in place a presentation on the benefits of sports for my PSY180 class, I saw it wise to additionally argue against some of the major oppositions to my point of view. The internet provided a suitable source of such information on opposing views, with Google being my preferred search engine. In addition to the reasons already stated in scenario 2 above, I always opt for Google for its relative convenience, easy use, minimal technical difficulties, issues and problems, the credibility of sources therein and reliability hence. In addition, to further ensure the credibility and reliability of my selected sources, I am keen to note which authors, groups of authors and institutions are behind a given select ed piece.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий

Примечание. Отправлять комментарии могут только участники этого блога.